Monday, October 13, 2008

A little update...

For those interested, they have published the report slash paper I wrote about the recent PICNIC’08 event. It’s titled ‘The Future of Virtual Worlds, or: how do we make money from these things’ and can be found here. I think the title pretty much speaks for itself.

This week I’ll be heading to Copenhagen for what probably will be my last conference visit before the final (year-long) sprint to finish my PhD. It’s the IR 9.0: Rethinking Communities, Rethinking Place conference organized by the Association of Internet Researchers. I’m giving a small talk about the use of walkthroughs and the practice of speedrunning in, yes, World of Warcraft. It’s part of a panel of World of Warcraft researchers though whom I all know very well through my participation in The Truants. I’m really looking forward to that!

No comments: