Monday, June 23, 2008

And the new Blizzard game is...

In a few days from now, I'll be on my way to Paris for the 2008 Blizzard Entertainment Worldwide Invitational. Allthough they will have all kinds of events around several Blizzard games (most notably Starcraft II), the reason I'm going is the new World of Warcraft expansion pack called Wrath of the Lich King. Can't wait to try that out and hear the developers talk about the choices made in producing this next step in WoW evolution.

Today though, Blizzard decided to tease the masses (including me!) with the splash screen as shown below . It's plastered on lots of Blizzard sites and hints at a big game announcement being made at the event. Due to the ice and all, it could just be Wrath of the Lich King after all (beta launch or release date announcements?). Or will they be unveiling the long awaited Diablo III? World of Starcraft? Starcraft: Ghost after all? Or entirely new IP? Or maybe, as many hope with me, a new Lost Vikings game! I'll keep you posted!

No comments: