Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Digital Culture, Play, and Identity – A World of Warcraft Reader

I finally got my copy of Digital Culture, Play, and Identity – A World of Warcraft Reader. And all I can say is that it turned out great!


For those who don’t know it yet; it’s an impressive collecting of articles from a collective of researchers who gathered to not only analyse World of Warcraft, but also to play it. It’s a broad
but still in-depth look into the WoW phenomenon and, being the object of my research too, I will certainly enjoy digging further into these articles.


Even though I missed out on participating in the creation of the book (I joined The Truants too late, meh), I’ve been playing with this crowd for quit some time now and they are not only a smart but also a fun bunch
(go Truants!) .


A big /cheer to Hilde and Jill for this fine book. And /hug Torill for keeping the Truants spirit alive!

No comments: